What is Our Role During this Pandemic?
Everyone has a personal and professional role to play during this national emergency. At Wee Excel it is our role to stay calm and continue to give our kids and parents a positive place to come to each day. We are here to provide the parents of our community a safe place for their children to live and learn while they are at work. If we stop doing our job you can’t do your job.
What is Wee Excel Doing to try and Prevent the Spread of the Virus at the Center?
· You may not be aware of this, but most child care workers are clean freak germaphobes. We deal with every bodily fluid every day. We will continue to clean and sanitize. We will do all that is in our power to keep the center clean and sanitized.
· We will have frequent hand washing breaks throughout our day, in which an adult will monitor and assist the kids to wash well and long enough. We teach and continue to encourage the children to cough and sneeze into their elbow/upper shirt sleeve.
· Anything machine washable is being taken home by us each week to wash on a hot cycle.
· We are currently looking at bringing in extra help to clean and sanitize the center every day.
The “What If’s”
What if one of the kids or workers gets Corona?
· If we are made aware of a case of Corona, we will contact parents and report it to the Macomb County Health Department. We will defer to them on how to proceed, which could range from posting the information to closing the daycare.
What if I am Working from Home and want to keep my kids with me? Do I still have to pay for child care/preschool?
· The short answer is yes. If the Federal and Local Government, Chase, DTE, Consumers, Waste Management and all the other companies we pay each month told us we didn’t have to pay them then we could tell you to stop paying.
· The long answer is we have a compromise. If you can keep your kid(s) home during this three-week shut down, we will reduce your bill 50%. We would need to know your schedule by the end of each week Thursday so we can adjust our employee schedule on the weekend for the upcoming week. This would reduce risk of exposure, keep our workers employed and reduce everyone’s costs. This would start Monday and end Friday April 3rd.
We will stay calm and adjust if we need to. This is new to all of us. The good news, according to the CDC, children do not appear to be at higher risk for COVID-19 than adults. While some children and infants have been sick with COVID-19, adults make up most of the known cases to date. Children with confirmed COVID-19 have generally presented with mild symptoms. We are all doing our best and making sacrifices during this pandemic. We will continue to provide the structure and routine for the parents and students at our center. We love your kids and want what is best for them. Working together we will get through this and be fine.
My name is Heather and I am the owner and director of Wee Excel Preschool. I was the school director and preschool teacher for 3 years, and purchased the center in 2007 from the original owners. I have a bachelors degree in early childhood development from Central Michigan University. My husband, Andy, helps run the summer program for our 5-10 year old students. When he isn't working with us in the summer he is teaching 7-9th grade students at Shelby Jr. High. Wee Excel has been teaching children since 1983.
We take care of babies 6 weeks old through pre-k children aged 5 years. Our school has four classrooms in which the children are placed by age and development. We provide breakfast in the early morning along with snacks and lunch every day. Parents are always free to send in food from home if preferred or your child has allergies.
Our lead teachers all have a degree in early childhood or a similar study and have their CPR and First Aid certification. Our assistant teachers and lead teachers go through the necessary background checks and receive training hours every year to stay up to date on curriculum content, safety information, licensing rules and more.
Our mission is to provide a safe, nurturing and fun environment that encourages and supports the growth and development of young children.
My son started going to Wee at 6 weeks old. He loved being there, the teachers, the other kids. We still go back each summer for camp. Almost 8 years later he still loves it. And so do I. Great people!
My son has attended here for almost 2.5 years. When he began he had never been cared for by anyone but family. It was a hard transition for me. All the places I was checking out I couldn't even get out of the car in the parking lot. I pulled up at Wee and had a completely different feeling. They were so welcoming to give me information and answer all questions. I am so glad I found them because they have had a huge role in my son's life. He loves ALL of the teachers current and past. He has a hard time transitioning in the morning and they always handle this so well and make me feel ok leaving him to go to work. He talks about his friends and teachers constantly and never wants to come home at pick up time. I highly recommend them as they are great with the kids and they teach them so much. Its amazing when your child comes home and can write their name, count, sing songs and they are excited about it!
My daughter has attended Wee Excel since she was 2, now she returns every year for the summer camp program. She has spent a great deal of time in each room and with every care giver in the past 5yrs. Not only has Wee Excel helped mold my daughter into a great young adult she is but the staff has become like family. So much so, that even having moved 30minutes in the opposite direction of Wee Excel we wouldn't think to take her anywhere else. The relationships formed, (amongst staff and other Wee Excel kids), the care given, the programs and activities offered can't be matched. The most important thing to me as a parent is my child's safety and Wee Excel has never given me anything to worry about or question. All I can say is that year after year we look forward to returning! It's a comfortable, happy place for my daughter and she's had great experiences and activities over the years she'll never forget. And we'll Miss Ms. Aubrey!!!!! Thanks again for another great summer Wee Excel! If your looking for great child care, go to Wee Excel!
I have 2 children that attend wee excel 3 days a week. My wife and I cannot even put into words how wonderful this place has been for the development of our children (ages 22 Mos and 3yrs). The staff is amazing, caring, loving, extremely personable with the children as well as the parents. The facility is clean, organized, educational, comfortable and most importantly safe. The owners Andy and Heather and the entire staff have a big place in our hearts for the role they have played in our children's lives
We are currently putting together our FAQs page.
If you have questions about the opportunities available to you in our programs, feel free to send us a message. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
30560 Utica Road Roseville MI, 48066
Monday - Friday: 6:00 am- 6:00 pm
Saturday - Sunday: Closed